- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
- Ex-Secret Service agent seeking Md. seat: Everyone’s a ‘de facto criminal’ now
- New prosthetic hand technology lets amputees feel again
- Child killed, 4 injured in Idaho elementary school bus crash
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Joshua Green
“I am a law-abiding citizen and responsible gun owner. I am saddened by the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut, but I believe that efforts to impose new restrictions on me and other lawful and responsible owners like me are misguided. Did you know that violent crime with firearms has declined since the Federal ‘assault weapons ban’ expired in 2004? ...
"He's also a committed devotee of the small-government, states' rights, tea party worldview that's still dominant within the GOP," he adds. "Is Perry positioned for a comeback? I doubt it. But if he runs, he'll be more in [sync] with what I expect Republicans to be looking for in a nominee than most people credit him."