- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
Topic - Joshua Perper
Gov. Rick Scott rejected a recommendation this week to reappoint the longtime South Florida medical examiner who made headlines after several high profile deaths, including model Anna Nicole Smith.
Perper said the Broward County Commission also supported his reappointment, based on hundreds of positive questionnaires rating his performance from the state attorney, public defender and sheriff's office.
"I'm still baffled because the office of the governor didn't contact me before or after the decision to ask for another nomination," said Perper. "After 17 years this would be a courtesy act to call me and tell me what is the intention of the governor."