- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Joyce Spencer
The government shutdown is forcing Lake Mead residents out of their homes because they sit on federal land, a Las Vegas television station reported.
"I had to be sure and get his walker and his scooter that he has to go in," Mrs. Spencer said. "We're not hurt in any way except it might cost me if I have to go buy more pants."
"I had to go to town today and buy Ralph undershirts and jeans because I forgot his pants," Mrs. Spencer told KTNV.