- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Topic - J.P. Barry
In trading Eric Fehr to the Winnipeg Jets on Friday afternoon, the Capitals cleared $2.2 million off the books for next season. Logically it seems that's the move they need to re-sign restricted free agent defenseman Karl Alzner.
One of the biggest unresolved situations for the Washington Capitals this offseason revolves around Karl Alzner, the 22-year-old who has developed into a shutdown defenseman.
Washington made a qualifying offer to Alzner, though Barry said there still is some time before his client must decide to accept it to remain with the team for the 2011-12 season.