- ‘Game of Thrones’ earns a leading 19 Emmy nods
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel should concede, live to fight another day
- Chelsea Clinton nabs $75K in speaking fees — same as Dick Cheney
- ‘Year of action’ not over: Obama has worked around Congress more than 40 times
- Rick Perry: Obama showed up after Hurricane Sandy, why not the Texas border?
- Alec Baldwin in talks to play Rob Ford-like mayor in new NBC drama
- Chinese hackers sought data on federal employees: report
- League City, Texas, votes 6-2 to ban processing of illegal kids
- Iraq tells U.N. that ‘terrorist groups’ have seized nuclear materials
- Houston dad suspected of shooting his 4 kids surrenders to police
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
Topic - Juan Carlos Navarro
The Washington Wizards finalized their trade of the rights to guard Juan Carlos Navarro, sending the former second-round draft pick to Memphis for a future first-round selection.
A day after it was reported guard Juan Carlos Navarro would be allowed to negotiate his way out of his contract with FC Barcelona to join the Washington Wizards, team president Ernie Grunfeld said he already has received calls from six or seven teams regarding the Spanish player.
"This is a very delicate moment for Panama," Juan Carlos Navarro, one of three front-runners in May's presidential race, told the AP. "Later there will be time to do a complete analysis of what went wrong and assign responsibilities. But right now everyone needs to support Quijano and demand that the expansion is completed."
"We are very pleased to have achieved the first objective, which was to be in the Olympics. But as I told my teammates, the final is a chance that we cannot let go. We have 40 minutes more and we must give everything," Navarro said.