- Guinness quits New York’s St. Patrick’s Day parade over gay march prohibition
- RNC goes on offensive with ad buys in 14 targeted states
- Saudi Arabia bans 50 ‘blasphemous’ baby names — like Benjamin
- Jack Daniel’s up in arms at Tenn. push to ‘weaken’ whiskey label
- Sen. Murphy: Putin ‘making this up as we go along’
- Ron Paul: ‘Washington does not care about our privacy’
- Paris bans cars, trucks from city to stave off smog
- Obama makes play for Obamacare in March Madness-themed ad
- Six Flags denies ride, then refund, to prosthetic-wearing veteran
- Russia TV warns U.S.: We can bomb you to ‘radioactive ash’
Latest Juan Dixon Items
The Terps took down the Cavaliers in OT, resulting in a court storming by the students. It was so much fun, former Maryland star Steve Francis decided to get in on the action.
Sixty-one years of heated rivalries, heartbreaking defeats and unforgettable victories will come to an end Sunday for Maryland when the Terrapins play their final home game as a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference.
Thomas scored 24 points to set the program record midway through the second half of Friday's 73-70 loss to No. 13 North Carolina in the quarterfinals. The 6-foot-2 senior is now 12 away from passing Juan Dixon for the most points by a men's or women's player heading into her final NCAA tournament.
Alyssa Thomas wasn't in position to appreciate setting Maryland's career scoring record, not after the No. 8 Terrapins' quick exit from their final Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.
Maryland coach Brenda Frese broke into a wide smile when she was asked about Alyssa Thomas climbing the school's all-time scoring charts. It's a smile that will likely turn even wider as Thomas moves closer to becoming No. 1 on the list.
"I can't see a lot of teams coming in and beating them in this building," Terps coach Mark Turgeon said. "But it's been that way for years."
Juan Dixon had some trouble tying his tie, but otherwise the first game of the new chapter of his life went smoothly on Friday night. Details here.
Maryland's hiring of Juan Dixon drew praise, then a question. What does a special assistant do? Explaining his role here.
Maryland shuffled its coaching staff one day before Thanksgiving, including bringing on former star point guard Juan Dixon as a special assistant.