- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Judith Fleissig
Lauren Tannehill had rented the white Nissan Rogue on Jan. 4 and returned it to E-Z Rent-A-Car at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. Hours later, the car was rented to Judith Fleissig of New York, who discovered the $2,000 weapon a couple days later.
"We got out of the car, we were kind of freaked out," she told the newspaper. "I didn't want to touch it. I took a picture, zipped it back up and went to the police station. They came out and took it."