- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
- Britain’s Labour Party hires David Axelrod — but can’t spell his name
- Washington and Lee law students demand ban on Confederate flag, say Gen. Lee was racist
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
- Mount Everest avalanche kills a dozen Sherpa guides
Topic - Judy L. Bonner
The University of Alabama's board of trustees voted Thursday to appoint the first permanent female president in the school's 181-year history.
"I love the University of Alabama," said Ms. Bonner, who has advanced degrees from Alabama and Ohio State University.
A native of rural Wilcox County, Ms. Bonner has two degrees from Alabama and said she was honored to be its first female chief executive.