- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
- Sarah Palin responds to Martin Bashir’s resignation, praises media
- Obama to send 2 Gitmo terror suspects back to Algeria
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Judy L. Bonner
The University of Alabama's board of trustees voted Thursday to appoint the first permanent female president in the school's 181-year history.
"I love the University of Alabama," said Ms. Bonner, who has advanced degrees from Alabama and Ohio State University.
A native of rural Wilcox County, Ms. Bonner has two degrees from Alabama and said she was honored to be its first female chief executive.