- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
Latest Juneteenth Items
Residents of an Austin housing project made possible decades ago by then-U.S. Rep. Lyndon B. Johnson are getting more time to voice their opinions about whether Rosewood Court will become nationally recognized as a historic place.
A memorial service will be held June 19 as part of the "Juneteenth" holiday observance in Washington. Hopefully it will include a showing of the movie "MAAFA 21," which is about the effects of abortion on the black community.