- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
Latest Jussi Jokinen Items
It's a big enough problem for the Washington Capitals or any hockey team when the power play goes horribly bad. It's even worse when the opposition has more offense short-handed and even scores a goal.
Alex Ovechkin had a goal to end an eight-game drought and added an assist for the Washington Capitals, who held on to beat the Carolina Hurricanes 3-2 on Sunday night.
Tuomo Ruutu had a power-play goal, setup another and Cam Ward stopped 37 shots for his first shutout of the season to lift the Carolina Hurricanes to a 3-0 victory over the Boston Bruins on Friday afternoon.
Brandon Sutter scored twice as the Carolina Hurricanes held on to beat the Minnesota Wild 4-3 in the opening game of the NHL season on Thursday.