- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Justice Committee
The Justice Select Committee of the United Kingdom is a select committee of the House of Commons which scrutinizes the policy, administration, and spending of the Ministry of Justice. In addition, the committee examines the work of the Law Officers of the Crown, the Serious Fraud Office (UK), and the Crown Prosecution Service. The committee also reviews draft Sentencing Guidelines issued by the Sentencing Guidelines Council. - Source: Wikipedia
Gun control advocates on Friday briefly savored a rare — if modest — victory in their quest to close Virginia's so-called "gun show loophole," which allows private sales of firearms without a criminal background check.
A key Senate committee on Wednesday voted to repeal Virginia's law banning the purchase of more than one handgun a month, a longtime priority of gun-rights activists and a measure that now has the backing of Gov. Bob McDonnell.
Legislators say the most sizable vacancy in the Virginia Supreme Court's history isn't going to end soon - with two of seven seats unfilled for four months.