- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Justin Howard
Shaggy bearded "Nordic Thunder" has outmimed his American compatriot "Airistotle" at playing the air guitar to become this year's world champion in northern Finland.
This month, Finns are challenging the Olympic Games for the limelight — with world competitions in air guitar, wife-carrying and mobile-phone throwing. And don't forget swamp soccer, as if you could.
"When I first started playing air guitar competitively, I entered because I wanted to be the best at doing something ridiculous," he wrote. "Two air-guitar-related surgeries and a two-week tour of Finland later, I have discovered that air guitar is indeed ridiculous."
Last year's silver medalist and U.S. air-guitar champion Justin Howard, known by his stage name Nordic Thunder, explained the competition's appeal on the event's blog.