- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Justin Maxwell Items
The 2013 and 2014 salaries of the 146 players in salary arbitration, as obtained by The Associated Press from player and management sources. The 2014 salaries include earned bonuses. For players with multiyear contracts (x-ending multiyear contract; y-beginning multiyear contract), the salaries listed are the average annual values of the contracts. (w-arbitration winner; l-arbitration loser).
All-Star closer Greg Holland agreed Wednesday with the Royals to a one-year contract worth $4,675,000, the final player to reach a deal among Kansas City's players in arbitration.
Royals pitchers and catchers report to Arizona for the start of spring training on Friday, and that presumably means All-Star closer Greg Holland will be there.
Outfielder Justin Maxwell and the Kansas City Royals agreed to a one-year contract worth $1,325,000, leaving closer Greg Holland and reliever Aaron Crow as their only unsigned players in arbitration.
The Royals agreed to one-year deals Friday with first baseman Eric Hosmer, right-hander Luke Hochevar and utilityman Emilio Bonifacio to avoid going to arbitration.
The rookie reliever shut down the Kansas City Royals over the critical middle innings Friday night, emboldening his team after it rallied from a six-run hole. Jayson Werth's two-run homer and a terrific catch by Bryce Harper helped sew up Washington's 11-10 victory.
In the playoff mix for a second straight year, the Baltimore Orioles made the biggest move on a quiet trade-deadline day, acquiring Bud Norris to keep pace with the Boston Red Sox.
Caution over rules for the World Baseball Classic limited Gio Gonzalez to 42 pitches Thursday afternoon in his final Washington Nationals start before joining Team USA.
Soriano's first outing progressed with the same efficiency that prompted the Nationals to hand him a two-year, $28 million contract to bolster the back end of an already-strong bullpen.