- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Latest Justin Rose Items
Tiger Woods plans to return to action at this week's British Open at Muirfield, and he'll be playing alongside Graeme McDowell and Louis Oosthuizen for the first two rounds.
If given the option, Nick Faldo would prefer not to be standing over a putt to win the British Open.
The field for the 142nd British Open golf championship, which starts Thursday at Muirfield. Players listed in only the first category for which they qualified:
One of the best players who never won a major would love a crack at one now.
The spiritual side of Stewart Cink keeps him from believing in golf gods. His last trip to Muirfield was enough to at least make him wonder.
A capsule look at 20 contenders for the British Open golf championship, to be played July 18-21 at Muirfield (listed in predicted order of finish):
Haas pulled away from a crowd of contenders Sunday with three straight birdies in the middle of his final round at Congressional. Two key putts down the stretch gave him some room for error that he didn't even need. He closed with a 5-under 66 for a three-shot win over Roberto Castro.
Jason Day took last week off to recharge after his bold bid in the U.S. Open.
The one thing that keeps Adam Scott from getting overly frustrated with his recent play is a green jacket in his closet.