- Mexico plans how to safely box up recovered cobalt
- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
Latest Justin Rose Items
If given the option, Nick Faldo would prefer not to be standing over a putt to win the British Open.
The field for the 142nd British Open golf championship, which starts Thursday at Muirfield. Players listed in only the first category for which they qualified:
One of the best players who never won a major would love a crack at one now.
The spiritual side of Stewart Cink keeps him from believing in golf gods. His last trip to Muirfield was enough to at least make him wonder.
A capsule look at 20 contenders for the British Open golf championship, to be played July 18-21 at Muirfield (listed in predicted order of finish):
Haas pulled away from a crowd of contenders Sunday with three straight birdies in the middle of his final round at Congressional. Two key putts down the stretch gave him some room for error that he didn't even need. He closed with a 5-under 66 for a three-shot win over Roberto Castro.
Jason Day took last week off to recharge after his bold bid in the U.S. Open.
The one thing that keeps Adam Scott from getting overly frustrated with his recent play is a green jacket in his closet.
Todd, who will play the AT&T National this week, is among the dozens of golfers who cycle annually, and sometimes weekly, between the PGA Tour and the developmental Web.com Tour. He is striving to regain the full PGA Tour status he had in 2012 and 2009 — and hold on to it this time.