- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Latest Justin Wolfers Items
The nation's unemployment rate plummeted to 6.3 percent last month, the lowest level in 5½ years, as the number of new jobs soared to 288,000, the Labor Department reported Friday.
The U.S. economy has grown significantly faster than previously thought during President Obama's years in office, clocking in at a healthy 2.4 percent pace on average between 2009 and 2012, under sweeping revisions of the gross domestic product report published Wednesday by the Commerce Department.