- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Kafani
Police on Tuesday searched for multiple suspects who opened fire into a group of people recording a rap music video in a parking lot and wounded seven, including a toddler and two adults who were critically hurt.
Police searched for multiple suspects Tuesday after a gunbattle in a parking lot where a rap music video was being filmed left seven people wounded, including a 1-year-old boy who was shot in the head.
"I was in the studio," said Kafani, who has a deal with an independent record label. "I get these tweets that I had been shot and then some of my family members started calling, asking me what happened."
"We're just sad about this," Kafani said. "How can someone shoot in a crowd with kids around? This violence in Oakland is crazy. Please, put the guns down."