- Spanish journalists kidnapped by al Qaeda group in Syria
- Nevada rescuers frenzied to find 4 kids, 2 adults lost in snow
- ‘TipsforJesus’ strikes in New York, with three massive tips
- John Podesta jumps aboard Obama ship to sell second-term agenda
- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
Latest Kaine Items
As lawmakers on Capitol Hill battle over whether to close the detention facility in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, a four-member congressional delegation from Virginia, led by Democratic Rep. Jim Moran, traveled there Friday. Rep. Frank Wolf, a Republican, released a statement Tuesday saying that upon touring the facility, he has determined there is no torture or abuse going to warrant its closure.
If George Allen makes a flub reminiscent of his infamous 2006 "macaca" utterance, his opponents are determined to catch it.
Kaine faces questions about decision on killer; Juvenile arrests up in D.C.; D.C. Council resumes budget debate; Driver in fatal Olney crash due in court; Former Alexandria police chief mulls council run; Audit: Va. state employee used computer for role-playing game; Md. lawmaker faces tea party pressure on debt-ceiling issue
A new poll shows Tim Kaine and George Allen in a dead heat for Sen. Jim Webb's U.S. Senate seat in Virginia — but both are viewed less favorably than they were three months ago.
Democratic National Committee Chairman Tim Kaine told a law school class he's likely to run for a Senate seat next year, a party spokesman said Monday.