- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - Kamala D. Harris
California's attorney general on Thursday appealed a federal court decision that overturned San Diego County's concealed weapons restrictions.
Supporters of California's Proposition 8 have filed legal papers seeking to have the marriage law upheld in court, but opponents who support gay marriage denounced the tactic as "baseless" and "desperate."
As more than a million supporters of same-sex marriage gathered in San Francisco for a gay pride parade Sunday, California county clerks continued issuing marriage licenses to gay couples, while opponents suffered another defeat at the U.S. Supreme Court.
A first-of-its-kind California law banning therapies to change children's sexual orientation has been blocked temporarily, but lawyers are preparing for a court battle that could come soon.
Facebook became the seventh company to agree to give people advance warning if its mobile applications pull personal information from mobile phones and tablet computers.
Three online dating giants agreed to screen for sex offenders and take other safety steps after a woman was assaulted on a date, the California attorney general's office announced Tuesday.
he California attorney general's office has sued three companies over allegations that they misled consumers and violated state law by marketing plastic water bottles as biodegradable.
"Local law enforcement must be able to use their discretion to determine who can carry a concealed weapon," she said in a statement. "I will do everything possible to restore law enforcement's authority to protect public safety."