- CBS’ beleaguered Lara Logan gets a cheerleader — Dan Rather
- Jesus tops list as most significant figure in history; Mohammed at 4th
- See a drone? ‘Shoot it down,’ says Colorado ordinance
- Spanish journalists kidnapped by al Qaeda group in Syria
- Nevada rescuers frenzied to find 4 kids, 2 adults lost in snow
- ‘TipsforJesus’ strikes in New York, with three massive tips
- John Podesta jumps aboard Obama ship to sell second-term agenda
- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
Kansas City Royals
Latest Kansas City Royals Items
The Kansas City Royals have optioned Yamaico Navarro to Triple-A Omaha.
Catcher Matt Treanor of the Kansas City Royals left the game after he was hit in the head in a plate collision with the Indians' Matt LaPorta.
Veteran infielder Orlando Cabrera has been traded from Cleveland to the San Francisco Giants.
The makers of "Captain America: The First Avenger" are in a must-win pre-emptive battle against superhero fatigue. Their not-so-secret weapon? A patriotic-themed marketing campaign complete with fireworks and red, white and blue doughnuts.
The Detroit Tigers have acquired veteran infielder Wilson Betemit from the Kansas City Royals for two Class-A prospects.
The Houston Astros traded second baseman Jeff Keppinger to the San Francisco Giants for two Double-A pitchers on Tuesday. Houston also purchased the contract of infielder Jose Altuve from Double-A Corpus Christi, and Astros manager Brad Mills said he will get significant playing time at second base.
One day before a huge home series against division-leading Cleveland, and with a pitching staff already under stress from a brutal stretch of 19 games in 18 days, right-hander Scott Baker told the Minnesota Twins he wouldn't be able to make his scheduled start in the series opener.
Minnesota Twins slugger Jim Thome hit his 596th career home run in the sixth inning on Sunday against the Kansas City Royals.
Former All-Star Joe Nathan took over the closer's job for the Minnesota Twins and promptly picked up his first save since April 8.