- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Kansas State Rifle Association
Latest Kansas State Rifle Association Items
The Hays Daily News, Feb. 9
A Kansas lawmaker is questioning if it was legal for a representative of the Unified Government of Kansas City and Wyandotte County to testify recently on a pro-gun bill.
Influential gun rights groups are pushing proposals in Kansas to strip cities and counties of any power to restrict the open carrying of firearms or regulate guns, telling legislators Thursday that a muddle of local rules confuses firearms owners and infringes upon their civil liberties.
A University of Kansas journalism professor was placed on indefinite administrative leave Friday for a tweet he wrote about the Navy Yard shootings which said, "blood is on the hands of the #NRA. Next time, let it be YOUR sons and daughters."