- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Topic - Karen Rehfeld
Gov. Sean Parnell has proposed an additional $32.7 million for the proposed Susitna-Watana hydro project, but that is contingent upon the Alaska Energy Authority securing land access permits required for field studies and other work.
Rehfeld has said the money was for officials to speak or make presentations at forums, like the public hearings the lieutenant governor is required to hold on ballot initiatives.