- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Latest Karen Remley Items
Virginia Health Commissioner Karen Remley resigned her position Thursday over controversial abortion clinic regulations that have been a political lightning rod since the General Assembly passed legislation in 2011 directing the Board of Health to craft them.
The Virginia Board of Health's move to reverse a June decision and vote to adopt new regulations for abortion clinics in the state without exempting existing facilities delivered an immediate victory for pro-life groups, but long-term effects, both practical and political, are still far from clear.
The Virginia Board of Health on Friday voted to adopt new regulations for the state's abortion clinics, reversing a June decision that would have exempted existing facilities from rules that opponents claim could force a majority of the state's 20 clinics to close.