- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Topic - Karen Sypher
A jury deliberated for nearly two hours Wednesday but went home without reaching a decision in the case of a Kentucky woman accused of demanding millions from Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino to keep quiet about their sexual tryst.
The tangled relationship among Rick Pitino, his personal assistant and the assistant's wife was thrown back into public view during the woman's extortion trial this week.
Rick Pitino asked a longtime aide to give $3,000 to a woman now accused of trying to extort millions from the Louisville men's basketball coach after she claimed Pitino got her pregnant in a one-night fling at a restaurant, the aide testified.
Rick Pitino never said a woman who claimed the Louisville basketball coach got her pregnant after a one-night stand had to get an abortion but did advise she "go out of town" to get medical care, his longtime aide told a jury Friday.
Karen Cunagin Sypher's former attorney told jurors at her extortion trial he had sexual relations with the former model before writing a letter to Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino demanding $10 million.
The first thing to remember about the trial unfolding this week in Louisville is that Rick Pitino is a witness, not a defendant.
He testified that the two met when Pitino asked him for help after she said she was pregnant.
Two witnesses who testified they helped Karen Sypher by making threats to Pitino also said they were sexually involved with her.