- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Karl Marx Items
President Obama's justification for increasing taxes on the wealthy because they have earned far more than most Americans, as well as his emphasis on protecting entitlement programs because they "help those in need," can be said in a different way.
As Papa Smurf and friends re-enter the cultural atmosphere, there's no dodging the question: Are the Smurfs now, or they have ever been ... communist?
"Somehow, the Unemployed Became Invisible," the New York Times reported on the front page of its Sunday Business section a couple days back.
Conservatives have a new celebrity spokesman-writer-thinker-philosopher. David Mamet, Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright, screenwriter, movie director and sometime essayist, has come out of the closet. No longer, he declares, is he a "brain-dead liberal." Now he's a wide-awake conservative. Sometime after arriving in Hollywood, of all places, and at age 60, he engaged in a conversation with his Republican rabbi (where did he find one?), who gave him the books of conservative writers, such as Thomas Sowell, Shelby Steele, Milton Friedman and Paul Johnson.
You might have seen the vicious Mediscare video by now entitled "America the Beautiful." If you haven't, you should. It's from folks who just the other day were chanting the mantra of "civility." It's a taste of what the left will be serving up as 2012 approaches.
The International Monetary Fund says the "Age of America" will end in the ash heap of history in 2016, give or take a year or so, to be replaced by the "Age of China."
I ought to know. I was Mr. Obama's college classmate at Columbia University Class of '83. Our college was dominated by socialists and Marxists who hated capitalism and America. Let's look at the facts up close and personal - Jeff Foxworthy style. Mr. Foxworthy leaves no doubt as to "who might be a redneck." Let me leave no doubt that "Obama might be a socialist."
If you promote violent leftist insurrection for a living, should you be surprised when anonymous members of the public threaten you with violence?
The main problem in completing a study on all of the damage and misery socialism has inflicted around the world over many generations is that at some point, the author must stop and wrap it up. Thus, the reviewer's challenge becomes the familiar "where to begin."