- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Karolyn Grimes
July 3: Movie director Ken Russell is 84. Singer Fontella Bass is 71. Actor Kurtwood Smith ("That 70s Show") is 68. Actor Michael Cole ("The Mod Squad") is 66. Country singer Johnny Lee is 65. Writer Dave Barry is 64. Actress Betty Buckley is 64. Guitarist-singer Paul Barrere of Little Feat is 63. Country singer Aaron Tippin is 53. Synthesizer player Vince Clarke of Erasure is 51. Actor Tom Cruise is 49. Actor Thomas Gibson is 49. Actress Hunter Tylo is 49. Actress Connie Nielsen ("Gladiator") is 47. Actress Yeardley Smith ("The Simpsons") is 47. Keyboardist-guitarist Kevin Hearn of Barenaked Ladies is 42. Singer Tonia Tash of Divine is 32. Actor Grant Rosenmeyer ("Oliver Beene") is 20.
For years, civic boosters have pointed out intriguing parallels that suggest Seneca Falls was the inspiration for Bedford Falls, the make-believe New York mill town in "It's a Wonderful Life."