- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Kasiviswanathan Shanmugam
While Mr. Shanmugam said that U.S. engagement is necessary to ensure that the region does not become "China's backyard," he argued that "we cannot get into a Cold War mentality."
"There will be lots of hurdles along the way, and it's for us not to criticize at every hurdle but to try and help," he said, pointing to Singapore's own role assisting Myanmar with capacity-building and governance.