- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Latest Kastles Stadium Items
The Kastles secured their fourth finals win in the past five years in front of an announced crowd of 2,670 fans who waited out a two-hour rain delay before the match began. Hingis, in her first season with the Kastles, was elated to win the title at home.
Now in its ninth year, the DC Jazz Festival runs through June 15 with more than 125 performances at more than 40 venues around town.
When the players took the court at Kastles Stadium at The Wharf on Tuesday night, the fans were greeted by unfamiliar faces.
Tennis matches at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London begin on July 28. On Sunday night, Venus Williams was still stateside as she took the court with the Washington Kastles.
In a thrilling overtime victory over the Sacramento Capitals, the Washington Kastles extended their undefeated streak to 23 matches Wednesday night at Kastles Stadium at The Wharf.
Venus Williams lost an Olympic tuneup Monday during a World Team Tennis match attended by first lady Michele Obama.
Arina Rodionova returned for her second season with the Washington Kastles with her sister Anastasia by her side.
Martina Hingis and the New York Sportimes visit the Washington Kastles on Thursday night at Kastles Stadium with hopes of ending their 18-match undefeated streak. But before she took the court, she addressed several topics in a press conference.
Following an undefeated season, the Washington Kastles are hungry for more in 2012.