- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Kate Smith
The 2.4 million-member American Legion is mighty vexed with "The Amazing Race" after the CBS reality show featured the wreckage of a B-52 bomber shot down during the Vietnam War. The plane is now the centerpiece of a monument celebrating "defeat of U.S. imperialists."
The Flyers hit the hat trick of patriotism for their Monday night playoff game: "God Bless America," a tribute to the troops, and almost 20,000 fans chanting "U-S-A!"