- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Topic - Kate Walsh
The National Council on Teacher Quality thinks colleges that educate teachers do a horrible job of it and hope to change that by issuing detailed ratings, but critics question whether the new ratings have any solid grounding.
Actors Tracy Morgan, Kate Walsh and Tim Daly weighed in on guns in Washington over the weekend, suggesting more gun control will not take away anyone's constitutional rights.
Charlie Sheen smiled through a Comedy Central roast as Mike Tyson, William Shatner, actress Kate Walsh and half a dozen comedians riffed on his high-profile year.
The model for the NCTQ effort, Walsh said, is an initiative dating back to 1910 that addressed the need to standardize and professionalize medical school training.
“We are never going to fire our way to a strong teaching force,” said Kate Walsh, president of the National Council on Teacher Quality.