- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Kathy Witterick
In May, a Toronto couple made international news when they revealed what they're not revealing: the gender of their baby, Storm.
The concept is ridiculous: a "genderless" baby.
Toronto couple Kathy Witterick and David Stocker are raising - for the time being - their youngest child 'genderless' ("Toronto couple leave their baby's gender a mystery," Culture, May 30). They may as well hack off this child's hands and feet, for that is the kind of disability with which they are saddling this baby.
Ridiculous or ultra-enlightened? A Toronto couple's decision to keep the gender of their 4-month-old baby a secret has touched off a sometimes nasty debate over how far parents should go in protecting young ones from society's boy-girl biases.