- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Katie Beers Kidnapping
The man who kidnapped 9-year-old Katie Beers and kept her in a Bay Shore, N.Y., dungeon in 1993 was been found dead in his prison cell just hours after meeting with his parole board, a local television station reported.
Being chained as a 10-year-old for more than two weeks in a coffin-size box in a suburban New York dungeon was, Katie Beers says 20 years later, "the best thing that happened to me" because it allowed her to escape a life of abuse.
Miss Beers, now 30, told News 12 Long Island that the news of her captor's death will help her move on.
"Just knowing the simple fact he will never get out of prison. He will never get to harm anyone else ever," she said.