- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
Latest Kazakhstan Items
As a counterweight to the European Union, Russia's Vladimir Putin is pursuing an ambitious dream rooted in memories of Soviet glory: The Eurasian Union.
Russian authorities say the nation's successfully test fired an intercontinental ballistic missile, an RS-12M Topol that traveled from the Astrakhan area and touched down at a site in Kazakhstan.
Klara Zakopalova of the Czech Republic defeated top-seeded Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain 6-3, 3-6, 6-2 to reach her second consecutive WTA final.
After the Olympic speedskating competition ended, the party began at Adler Arena.
Two-time defending European champion Spain faces a seemingly comfortable road to defend its title at Euro 2016 after being drawn Sunday with Luxembourg, Macedonia, Belarus, Slovakia and Ukraine for the qualifiers.
J.R. Celski and his three U.S. teammates clasped hands, crouched down, and feigned as though they were about to leap onto the podium.
Almaty has most of the venues already in place to host the 2022 Winter Olympics and would spend only a fraction of what Russia invested in the Sochi Games, leaders of the bid from Kazakhstan said Thursday.
The sheer cost, size and scale of the Sochi Olympics has outstripped anything done before. The question for future Winter Games is clear: Can anyone - should anyone - try to top that?
Want to know how deep skating talent is in the Netherlands? Consider this: Olympic 10,000-meter champion Jorrit Bergsma thought about representing Kazakhstan at the last Olympics just to make it to Vancouver.