- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
Latest Keith Ellison Items
Several members of Congress were arrested Tuesday by U.S. Capitol Police for blocking traffic during an immigration rally on the National Mall.
Calls to cut U.S. aid to Egypt gained steam Sunday as members of Congress on both sides of the aisle urged the Obama administration to suspend support in the aftermath of deadly clashes between the military and Islamist protesters.
Alfred E. Neuman, Mad magazine's know-nothing icon, had the ready attitude toward disasters about to befall him: "What, me worry?" This could be the motto of congressional Democrats, who bring the same lackadaisical attitude to issues of government debt and federal spending.
Terrance Wise has two jobs in Kansas City — one at a burger joint, a second at a pizza restaurant — but he says his paychecks aren't enough to buy shoes for his three daughters and insure his 15-year-old car. So he decided to draw attention to his plight: He walked off work in protest.
A giddy Rep. Keith Ellison took to YouTube on Thursday, singing "This Land is Your Land" to celebrate the first day same-sex marriage was legal in his state of Minnesota, Talking Points Memo first reported.
Twenty members of Congress have sent a letter to the Boy Scouts of America, urging it to drop its ban on gay youth and adults.
Capitol Hill lawmakers said Sunday that the U.S. must take a tough stance against Syria for reportedly using chemical weapons against its own people but stopped short of calling for troops to intervene inside the country.
Former Rep. Anthony D. Weiner has just received his first formal endorsement for his potential run for New York City mayor — from Rep. Keith Ellison, Minnesota Democrat.
Sean Hannity's cable television showdown this week with a Democratic congressman has become more than just a verbal schoolyard brawl. It's a fundraising opportunity.