- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Kelly Ayotte Items
New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte is addressing business leaders on her efforts in Washington to create a positive climate for businesses to compete and create jobs.
Fresh off winning a repeal of retirement-pay cuts for current and former military members, veterans groups say they now want to go back and cancel the cuts for future service members too, saying that the budget can be balanced without targeting veterans.
New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte is visiting a Merrimack company that builds automation systems for medical devices to learn more about concerns over a new tax.
New Hampshire is getting nearly $3.4 million in federal Low Income Home Energy Assistance Funds.
Military leaders called for a review of the cost-of-living adjustment cuts in last month's budget deal on Tuesday, but said Congress had "ample time" to find a fix, contradicting the urgency being stressed by some lawmakers and many veterans groups.
A pension cut for military retirees in last month's budget agreement that riled veterans groups and several lawmakers extends to survivors' benefits and special compensation for combat, the Pentagon told Congress on Monday.
The Senate voted Monday night to ease restrictions on transferring suspected terrorist detainees from the prison at Guantanamo Bay to the U.S., overcoming GOP objections and giving President Obama at least a temporary victory on the annual defense policy bill.
Three influential Republican lawmakers slammed the Obama administration's handling of Abu Anas al-Libi, the suspected high-level al Qaeda operative captured by American commandos in Tripoli, Libya, on Saturday, saying the terrorist now being held and interrogated on a U.S. Navy ship on the Mediterranean Sea should be transferred quickly to the detainee prison at Guantanamo Bay.
Three influential Republican lawmakers slammed the Obama administration's handling of Abu Anas al-Libi, the suspected high-level al Qaeda operative captured by American commandos in Tripoli on Saturday, saying the terrorist now being held and interrogated on a U.S. Navy ship on the Mediterranean Sea should be quickly transferred to the detainee prison at Guantanamo Bay.