- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Ken Bennett Items
An Arizona law designed to stop illegal immigrants from voting hangs in the balance, as the Supreme Court will take up a landmark case this month on whether the state can demand would-be voters to prove they are citizens before casting ballots in federal elections.
Former Gov. John Baldacci on Wednesday became the third prominent Democrat to bow out of the high-profile race for a U.S. Senate seat that Democrats were given a shot at winning after Republican Olympia J. Snowe decided to retire.
Phoenix, the nation's sixth largest city, aims to save money and add convenience by allowing its 650,000 registered voters to cast ballots for Tuesday's city election at any of 26 voting centers.
The Fiesta Bowl has asked 31 Arizona politicians who received free trips or game tickets to explain how they benefited the tax-exempt group, and it said it may ask them to repay the costs if the expenditures can't be justified.
Politicians who received letters from the Fiesta Bowl requesting that they return tainted campaign contributions are responding, and none appear too happy to be tarred with the same brush as the bowl's ousted CEO.
The Fiesta Bowl is seeking the return of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions made to U.S. Sens. John McCain and Jon Kyl and other Arizona politicians, according to documents obtained Tuesday by The Associated Press.
The Arizona Attorney General's Office has been asked to conduct a criminal investigation into claims that current and former Fiesta Bowl employees made illegal campaign contributions to politicians friendly to the bowl.