- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Ken Furlong
Carson City Sheriff Ken Furlong is hoping for a four-peat.
Carson City authorities say one teenager has been arrested and others may have been involved in the vandalism of more than 40 properties with graffiti.
Carson City deputies have arrested a suspect in at least one residential burglary.
An 86-year-old Nevada woman shot by her husband while hospitalized died Wednesday and her spouse of more than six decades was charged with murder, authorities said.
An 88-year-old man who shot his wife in the chest in a Carson City hospital on Sunday told police he was trying to carry out a murder-suicide because the woman was paralyzed and didn't want to live, authorities said.
An 88-year-old man accused of shooting and critically wounding his wife Sunday at a Nevada hospital was placed on suicide watch at a local jail, authorities said.
Furlong says Carson City's crime index in 2013 fell to its lowest level since 1997.
He says in the year following the deepest cuts, the department was able to improve response times without eliminating services.