- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Ken Salazar Items
Former Interior Secretary Ken Salazar says he believes the Keystone XL oil pipeline from Canada should be built.
A popular Northern California oyster farm can stay open for at least 90 days and up to a year-and-a-half as it appeals the U.S. Supreme Court to hear a case challenging a federal decision not to renew its lease.
The owner of a popular Northern California oyster farm says he'll ask the U.S. Supreme Court to hear his case challenging a federal decision not to renew the facility's lease.
A climate science program created by the the Interior Department's Fish and Wildlife Service is risking favoritism in the awarding of millions of dollars grants and placing taxpayer dollars in jeopardy, an internal investigation has found.
The Senate on Wednesday confirmed Sally Jewell to head the Interior Department.
Sally Jewell is one step closer to becoming the nation's next secretary of the interior.
The 1970 western “Monte Walsh” comes to mind with President Obama’s nomination of Sally Jewell, president and chief executive officer of Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI), to replace Ken Salazar as secretary of the Interior. The difference between Ms. Jewell and the movie’s titular character is that Walsh stands true to his background, while Mr. Obama’s nominee seems content to run rough-shod over hers.
Thin barrier islands five miles off the tip of the Alaska Peninsula shelter Izembek Lagoon from the Bering Sea, but it's what's beneath the surface that makes the lagoon special and part of a brewing, cross-continent fight.
An administration official says Interior Secretary Ken Salazar will leave the Obama administration in March.