- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
Topic - Kenneth Lyons
"They've replaced Chief Ellerbe, a firefighter, with another firefighter, Chief Jones, who is not even from the District," Mr. Lyons said. "I don't think you can place an individual in that position to manage the chaos, and that is what Chief Jones is being asked to do."
But in an agency that desperately needs to change in order to improve the quality of its medical care, he won't be able to do much good during that time, said Kenneth Lyons, president of the union that represents the department's civilian paramedics.