- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Kenny Miller
Kenny Miller scored twice and the Vancouver Whitecaps beat the New York Red Bulls 4-1 on Saturday night in the season opener before a sellout crowd of 21,000 at B.C. Place Stadium.
Chad Barrett scored in the final moments of second half-stoppage time to give the Seattle Sounders a 1-0 victory over champions Sporting Kansas City on Saturday in the Major League Soccer season opener.
The Premier League club Birmingham is close to signing forward Kenny Miller from Glasgow Rangers after having a bid accepted by the Scottish club.
"We're absolutely delighted with the way we've played," Miller said. "A lot of the things that we worked on in the pre-season really came into fruition today."