- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Kentucky Democratic Party
The Kentucky Democratic Party is the local branch of the Democratic Party in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The party Chairman is Daniel Logsdon, Jr., Party Vice-Chair is Carolyn Belcher, and David Tandy is Treasurer. Kentucky Democrats control the lower chamber of the state house which is led by Speaker of the House Greg Stumbo. Unlike the national party, which uses a donkey, the state party has a rooster as its mascot. - Source: Wikipedia
Republican hopes for retaking the Senate in 2014 improved substantially this weekend when Democrats' best option declined to run for Montana's open seat.
Minutes after Alison Lundergan Grimes launched her Senate bid in Kentucky the battle lines were drawn, with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell tying the Democrat to President Obama and the agenda of "Washington liberals."
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell says the American people are fed up with the Democratic majority in Washington and appear prepared to send in fresh GOP troops to provide political balance.