- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Topic - Kevin Bowden
A crash that killed an off-duty Prince George's County police officer was caused when the driver of an SUV swerved across several lanes of traffic, striking the officer's cruiser and causing him to hit a utility pole, police officials said Friday.
An off-duty Prince George’s County police officer died Thursday after his cruiser collided with another vehicle and hit a utility pole, marking the second time in two months that a county police officer has been killed in a car crash.
"Yet again in the past two months we've lost another officer, and all my members are basically hurting, trying to heal through this process, trying to wrap their heads around what took place and get an understanding of how this happened," he said.