- Thai prime minister dissolves Parliament, calls elections
- Hagel to meet with Pakistan’s prime minister
- Kiev: Riot police deployed near protest sites
- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Kevin Frandsen
It's hard for everyone to keep ignoring you when you continue to prove you are among the best in the game. When Zimmermann is announced at the All-Star game at Citi Field on Tuesday night, with a 12-4 record and a 2.58 ERA at the break, there will be very few ways left for him to continue going unnoticed.
Chipper Jones hit a three-run homer off Jonathan Papelbon with two outs in the ninth inning, capping a five-run rally that sent the Atlanta Braves over the Philadelphia Phillies 8-7 on Sunday.
These are the nights Stephen Strasburg will probably most like to forget. Over the course of what's expected to be an illustrious career filled with jaw-dropping highlights, these won't be the games the Washington Nationals' ace looks back at to remember.
Phillies second baseman Kevin Frandsen was suspended for 50 games Wednesday following a positive test under baseball's minor league drug program.
San Diego Padres pitcher Mat Latos won't make his next scheduled start Saturday because of a sore right shoulder.
San Diego Padres pitcher Mat Latos has a sore right shoulder, costing him a chance to start on opening day.
"Jordan is one hell of a pitcher," Phillies infielder Kevin Frandsen said last week. "Everyone talks about [Matt Harvey of the New York Mets] starting the All-Star game, but that guy has made himself one hell of a resume all year. The last couple years."