- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Kevin Sumlin
Texas A&M offensive tackle Jake Matthews will be the seventh member of his family to play in the NFL if he is drafted as expected in May.
Auburn coach Gus Malzahn wants to slow down consideration of a rule taking aim at uptempo offenses.
Texas A&M has signed a player who could replace Johnny Football and another who should boost its struggling defense.
Johnny Football is heading to the NFL.
Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel declared for the NFL draft on Wednesday following two spectacular seasons in which he became the first freshman to win the Heisman Trophy and helped the Aggies make a splash in their first two years in the Southeastern Conference.
Dave Martin, a longtime Associated Press photographer based in Montgomery, Ala., died after collapsing on the Georgia Dome field after the Chick-fil-A Bowl on Tuesday night.
Whichever direction the Redskins eventually go, a couple of questions linger: How long will this regime last and why, besides the money, would anyone want to be a professional head coach these days? The constant pressure, headaches and growing scrutiny can't make for much fun even with a paycheck that looks like a lottery winner.
Kevin Sumlin. Chris Petersen. James Franklin.
Washington's Steve Sarkisian has accepted the Southern California coaching job, a person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press.
Texas A&M and coach Kevin Sumlin have agreed in principle to a new six-year contract that could keep him with the Aggies through 2019.
SEC fans should enjoy all the top-notch quarterbacks while they can because many of the great signal callers in the league won't be around for long.
A&M (5-2, 2-2 SEC) had a last chance, but Manziel, the Heisman Trophy winner, was sacked by Dee Ford on fourth down to secure the win.
The worst defensive performance in the history of Alabama football, at least according to the stat sheet, was no reason for Nick Saban to panic.
The last blockbuster of the summer is set in Texas.
Alabama coach Nick Saban knows it's become irrelevant whether frenetic, no-huddle offenses are what he wants college football to be.
"Obviously I've got a different perspective than a lot of different folks from a human standpoint," Sumlin said when asked if there's anything people overlook about Manziel. "That will always be something special."
Sumlin said his versatility is one of his great qualities.