- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest Kevin Weekes Items
Ward hosted an advance screening of the movie "42" at Mazza Gallerie in Friendship Heights and gave a speech about what the number and Robinson meant to him.
Joel Ward became a Game 7 overtime hero Wednesday night with his goal that sent the Washington Capitals into the second round of the playoffs. He joined his coach, Dale Hunter, in becoming the second player in franchise history to pull off that trick.
Joel Ward was a playoff hero for the Nashville Predators a year ago. Postseason heroics to the tune of seven goals and six assists earned him a four-year, $12 million contract with the Washington Capitals.
Joel Ward's phone buzzed Wednesday afternoon. It was a text message from mentor, friend and former NHL goaltender Kevin Weekes.