- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Kgb Items
Edward Snowden's stolen secrets and the dismal failure of the rollout of Obamacare is giving electronic technology a bad name. But blaming high-tech tools is more of blaming the messenger. We have to work harder to master the secrets of the Internet, but the human element remains our biggest weakness.
Everybody does it, but nobody does it like Barack Obama
Why is the President turning America into an all-seeing surveillance state?
U.S. foreign policy requires a firm hand — even if it's a foreigner's
Russians deserve better than a leader who allies with tyrants and rules through violence and repression, Sen. John McCain said Thursday in a scathing op-ed seen as a retort to an earlier article by President Vladimir Putin.
Russian President Vladimir Putin overplayed his hand in his recent op-ed essay in The New York Times — especially at the end, when he brought God into the picture ("Neither Putin nor Obama get it," Commentary, Sept. 17). This from the leader of a country that has done everything in its power to eradicate religion and replace it with the "religion" of the state.
Barack Obama's failure to act led to the Syrian debacle
In a recent New Republic article titled "Moscow Is No Place for a Defector," Peter Savodnik mentions what he believes to be Lee Harvey Oswald's primary motivation for defecting to the Soviet Union — not politics, not money, not women: he just "really wanted to get away from his mother."
American exceptionalism isn't a matter of muscle but mission