- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Khairat El-Shater Items
In parallel trial sessions, Egyptian courts on Sunday heard cases against ousted President Hosni Mubarak and top leaders of his archrival, the Muslim Brotherhood, related to killings during the 2011 and 2013 protest campaigns that led to their respective downfalls.
A top U.S. diplomat met a jailed senior leader in the Muslim Brotherhood early on Monday as part of mediation efforts to end the standoff between Egypt's military-backed government and protesters supporting the ousted president, government officials said.
Egypt's military continued cracking down on the Muslim Brotherhood after swearing in the chief justice of the Constitutional Court as the country's interim president Thursday, a day after overthrowing the North African nation's first democratically elected leader.
The chief justice of Egypt's Supreme Constitutional Court, Adly Mansour, took his oath of office early Thursday, taking over as the country's interim president. Among his stated priorities: To keep the revolution going.
What does it mean that Mohammed Morsi is the president of Egypt? The American consensus is that Egypt has been lost. However, the election was not just symbolic, but illusory. Egypt's future remains very much in play.
Egypt's electoral commission disqualified another well-known presidential candidate Tuesday, setting up a three-way race whose outcome could decide the direction of the country's year-old revolution.
Thousands of Islamists packed Cairo's Tahrir Square on Friday to pressure the country's ruling generals to bar Hosni Mubarak-era officials, including his former spy chief, from running in the upcoming presidential elections.
A lawmaker from Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood said Thursday that there would be "no referendum at all" on the country's peace treaty with Israel, hours after the Islamist group's presidential candidate made his unexpected bid official.
Israeli and Palestinian negotiators are to hold talks soon in what would be their first public meeting in more than two months, a senior official said Tuesday.