- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Topic - Kiara Pesante
Asked whether this could pose a problem if Chief Lanier's new contract — once it is finalized — includes salary and bonus increases, Ms. Pesante said, "Presumably she could be able to negotiate subject to council approval, but I doubt the council would be inclined to approve higher salaries" for Chief Lanier — or for Fire Chief Kenneth Ellerbe, Schools Chancellor Kaya Henderson or Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Marie Pierre-Louis.
Kiara Pesante, a spokeswoman for Ms. Cheh, said the bill "capped executive salaries, eliminated cost-of-living bonuses and will require any replacement to those positions to revert to the salary levels" that existed before Mr. Fenty took office.