- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Latest Kirk Cousins Items
Hours after Robert Griffin III was benched for the remainder of the season, his teammates expressed compassion for the situation the Redskins' quarterback finds himself in.
Mike Shanahan said that he is considering shutting down Robert Griffin III for the rest of the season.
Griffin, who has completed 60.1 percent of his passes for 3,203 yards, 16 touchdowns and 12 interceptions this season, said after Sunday's loss that he thought starting Sunday against the Falcons is "not an issue." Kirk Cousins, meanwhile, said he would prepare as though if it were an option, though he did not plan to dwell on it.
Shanahan would not give a definitive answer after Washington's loss Sunday as to whether RGIII would start next week vs. Atlanta after being taken out of the game Sunday.
Cousins completed 7 of 16 passes for 59 yards, with his longest pass a 15-yard completion to wide receiver Joshua Morgan on his second attempt. He fumbled two plays later when he was sacked by Chiefs outside linebacker Frank Zombo, losing 15 yards as the Redskins recovered.
Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan decided to sit starting quarterback Robert Griffin III and put in backup Kirk Cousins during a blowout to KC.
Robert Griffin III said that he heard reports that he was "insecure" about possibly losing his job to Kirk Cousins but he has no idea where they might have come from.
While it may make sense on some levels for the Redskins to let Kirk Cousins start a game or two don't look for that to happen.
According to some reports, Robert Griffin III feels insecure about his starting job. Is this a good or bad thing?