- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Kirk Ferentz
If you're a college football coach and you want to vent, there's a short list of places where you can do it safely.
Bret Bielema wasted little time in playing to the eager crowd.
Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema is taking his brand of power football to Arkansas.
Bret Bielema is taking his brand of power football to Arkansas, leaving Wisconsin after seven seasons.
Michigan's football program has 23 seniors who will go out as winners, a far cry from their first season.
Montee Ball has changed the pronunciation of his first name _ it's Mon-tay instead of Mon-tee, if you don't mind.
Iowa running back De'Andre Johnson has been suspended after two run-ins with police in the past week.
Iowa football player A.J. Derby is leaving the program after a season in which coach Kirk Ferentz moved him to defense from quarterback.
Marcus Coker is leaving Iowa, the fifth talented running back lost by the Hawkeyes since 2010.
Iowa defensive coordinator Norm Parker said Sunday that he's retiring after 13 seasons with the Hawkeyes.
Penn State needs a coach. Urban Meyer is available.
Though Iowa has made a splash this season with a no-huddle look, the Hawkeyes are at their core a team that loves to grind it out on offense.
Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne is hoping Bo Pelini's new five-year contract wards off teams that might want to hire the Cornhuskers' head coach.
The Fisher household figures to be a flash point for the new Nebraska-Iowa rivalry in the Big Ten.
For the first time in months, Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz is getting a chance to focus on football _ and only football.
Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz yells as he disagrees with a call by officials in the second half of an NCAA college football game against Nebraska in Lincoln, Neb., Friday, Nov. 29, 2013.
Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz yells on the sideline in the fourth quater against Ohio State during an NCAA college football game Saturday, Oct. 19, 2013, in Columbus, Ohio.