- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Latest Kirk Gibson Items
The Arizona Diamondbacks have placed closer J.J. Putz on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to Wednesday, with right elbow tendinitis after the right-hander struggled in recent appearances.
The Arizona Diamondbacks have selected the contracts of right-hander Yhency Brazoban and lefty Alberto Castillo and optioned Esmerling Vasquez and Bryan Shaw to Triple-A Reno in an effort to boost the middle of their bullpen.
Giants manager Bruce Bochy says he will notify Major League Baseball this weekend of his choice to replace Jim Riggleman on the bench for the All-Star game.
Minutes before the first pitch, fans at Comerica Park broke into a polite smattering of applause after hearing Kirk Gibson's name.
Washington Nationals pitcher Jason Marquis and Arizona reliever Esmerling Vasquez have been suspended for throwing at hitters last weekend after both teams had been warned.
Rick Ankiel drove in the go-ahead run with a two-out walk in the 11th inning and Mike Morse followed with a grand slam, leading the Washington Nationals to a wild 9-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Sunday.
Joe Saunders has had more than his share of early-inning trouble this season.
Ray Fosse watched the crushing blow to Giants star Buster Posey and wondered why after all these years there are still few rules to protect catchers at the plate.
Michigan State started the week with the best hitting and pitching in the Big Ten after its first three-game sweep of archrival Michigan since 1955.